Investor Visas

Investor visas are available to an immigrant seeking admission to the United States who has substantial liquid funds to invest in a business in the United States. There are two general types of investor visa:
  1. EB-5 Investor Visa - This is a visa in which the foreign investor contributes money to a commercial enterprise that has already been approved by USCIS. The foreign investor generally needs to have $1,000,000 in U.S. dollars to invest in a commercial enterprise.
  2. E-2 Treaty Visa - This is a visa in which a foreign investor has substantial capital to invest in a business here in the United States and is from a country that is on the current treaty list. Typically, this means that the foreign investor needs to have at least $100,000 in U.S. dollars to invest in an existing business or a business that is just starting.
The main idea behind investor visas is that the foreign investor is creating jobs and stimulating the economy here in the United States. If you believe you may qualify for this visa and you have the available funds, contact Porter Legal Group, PLLC and we can help guide you through the investor visa process.